BURNTISLAND Shipyard picked up their second win of the campaign after overcoming Ritchie Weir's Ormiston 2-0 at Recreation Park.

Grant Brough's men earned the points courtesy of goals from Scott Powrie and Rab Kinnaird, with the Shipyard moving up the table to ninth to leave Ormiston at the bottom.

Powrie powered home the ball after just thirteen minutes, stabbing home from a Ben Breen cross.

The situation worsened for Weir's embattled side when they conceded again after just four minutes. Kinnaird, on the back of another sweet Breen ball, broke away from the Ormiston defence to slot home.

The visitors task then got a who harder when midfielder Nicky Cairns received a second yellow card for a heavy tackle, with the Maroons unable to respond for the rest of the match.

Down in Berwick, Ger Rossi's Peebles Rovers team recorded back-to-back wins after defeating Tweedmouth Rangers 3-2 at Old Shielfield Park.

Goals from Alan McMath, Colin Smith and David Lindsay secured the points for the Whitestone Park club - with Rossi delighted with his team's winning run.

He said: "I couldn't be happier with the lads at the moment. It wasn't a pretty win, by any means, but we showed a lot of fight and character to hold on to our lead.

"The important thing is that we keep our feet on the ground.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again: a single game, good or bad, does not define our season. We just have to keep it up."

Rovers began brightly in Berwick, thundering down upon the Tweedmouth 'keeper. Lindsay and Ross Lamb all had attempts saved in the opening exchanges, before McMath tucked away on 25 minutes to extend his goalscoring run.

Three minutes later, Smith consolidated Rovers' dominance after his goal bound attempt deflected in off the defender.

Rossi then fired a dangerous cross from the left, with Lindsay popping up at the back post to bullet in a headed winner off the underside of the bar.

Finally, Eyemouth had a weekend to forget, after being crushed 1-7 by Stirling University at Warner Park.