GALA Hotspur’s Duncan Kemp believes his side can stay up despite throwing away their first league win at Stow.

Division A basement side Gala were 3-1 up with two minutes to play as Kemp scored two and Fraser Brown added a third.

But James Runciman and Macaulay Steele scored in the closing stages to rescue a much needed point for Stow, who had three points deducted before the game for conceding a match against Hawick United earlier in the season.

Kemp said: “We were gutted to not win our first game since gaining promotion but we are still confident we can stay in Division A.”

The result leaves both sides joint bottom of the league on two points - three points from safety.

The other Division A game saw Greenlaw triumph over rivals Gordon 3-0, with goals from William Smillie, Dean Carruthers and Alan Anderson giving Greenlaw their sixth win in seven league games.

In the South Cup third round, Langlee Amateurs pushed holders Hawick Waverley all the way before losing 5-2 after extra time.

Shaun Hardie’s double forced the additional 30 minutes after Dean McColm and Greg Ford had scored for Waverley.

But McColm, Taylor Hope and an own goal sealed Hawick’s place in the quarter finals.

Nathan McDonald, Greig Shortreed, Ruaraidh McNaughton and Mark Rathie scored as Tweeddale Rovers defeated Chirnside United 4-1 to also make it into the last eight.

Hawick United won a 12-goal thriller at Linton Hotspur, as Sean Clarke and Kevin Strathdee both scored hat-tricks in an 8-4 away win.

And Jed Legion knocked out Leithen Rovers thanks to a penalty shootout win, but Duns and Berwick Colts failed to make it through.

Brothers Gary and Craig Lothian both scored to give Earlston Rhymers a much needed point in a 3-3 draw at Coldstream Amateurs in Division B, while Newtown hammered Biggar United 5-0 with Jack Hay scoring another two goals.

History was made at Netherdale as Welsh and Jared Curran became the first father and son to play together in a competitive match for Gala Fairydean Rovers as they thrashed St Boswells 6-2.

Ancrum remain top of Division C after scoring eight without reply at Melrose, with Craig Hall scoring three but Tweedmouth Harrow are still close behind after Sean Simpson scored three in a 5-1 win at Selkirk Victoria.

There were also wins for Highfields United and Hawick Legion Rovers.