EAST Kilbride have it all to do after going down 2-1 in the first play-off leg against Cove Rangers.

Headers from Harry Milne and Scott Ross gave the Highland champions a commanding lead at K Park before Jamie Longworth salvaged a lifeline with a late home strike.

The second-leg is played at Balmoral Stadium on Saturday with the winners facing Berwick Rangers.

Exam worries didn’t stop Stirling University reaching the quarter finals of the Lowland League Cup as they hammered Gretna 7-0 at Raydale Park.

Lewis Hunter netted a hat-trick for the Students with Blair Lyons scoring a brace and Michael Baber also on target.

Gretna had Archie Gardner red-carded.

Uni boss Chris Geddes “We scored four last week and seven this week on the road which is really encouraging.

“They couldn’t complain about the red card and I thought we finished the game off well.

“We’re through to the next round and it keeps our season alive for at least another week.”

Luke Murray’s second goal of his career was enough for Edinburgh University to also reach the quarter finals after they beat Vale of Leithen 1-0 at Victoria Park.

The 26-year-old full back said: “It’s good to get a goal as I don’t get many, but the win was the important thing for us today.

“We wanted to prolong our season and hopefully we can get another win next week to keep it going further.”

Theo Couve proved to be the hero for Edusport Academy after his 120th minute strike took the tie with Dalbeattie Star to penalties.

The French striker’s goal had cancelled out Lewis Sloan’s 108th minute opener for Star.

Couve was aslo on target from the spot as Edusport won the shoot-out 3-2.

East Stirlingshire also required penalties to ease past Civil Service Strollers after the clash ended 1-1 after extra time.

Ross Allum’s was Shire’s scorer during regulation time with Stephen Froud netting for Strollers.

Spartans beat Kelty Hearts on penalties to progress to the quarter finals while BSC Glasgow made easy work of Whitehill Welfare with a 4-0 win.