VALE of Leithen boss Chris Anderson ended a roller-coaster week by picking up his first points of the season.

The 32-year-old resigned following his side’s humiliating exit from the Scottish Cup at Fort William last weekend.

But, after being talked back by the Vale board, he guided his side to beat Dalbeattie Star and move off the foot of the table.

Anderson said: “I’d had enough after the Fort William game but when the players and the committee all asked me to have a re-think I couldn’t say no.

“Today was the best we’ve played this season and I’m delighted for everyone connected with the club.

“If it takes resigning every week to get that kind of response from the players then I’ll do it.”

Liam Ireland, Brad Rixon and Robel Dent were all on target in the 3-1 victory at Islecroft Stadium.

Philip Middlemiss netted Star’s consolation.

Bonnyrigg Rose survived a second-half fightback at Raydale Park to win 2-1 and remain top of the table.

George Hunter and Jamie Devlin fired Robbie Horn’s team into a two-goal lead, but Dean Makunie responded for Gretna in the second half.

Kelty Hearts fired three past 10-man Gala Fairydean Rovers without response at New Central Park.

Nathan Austin, Cammy Russell and Ross Philip all hit the net.

Manager Barry Ferguson said: “We were looking for a response after last week’s defeat in the cup.

“It’s important for us to get back to winning games again and keep the pressure on the teams around us.”

Lewis Grant was sent off for Gala.

Thomas Collins, Martin Grehan and Jamie Hamilton all scored in the second half as BSC Glasgow beat Stirling University 3-0 at the Indodrill Stadium.

East Stirlingshire also won 3-0 against Caledonian Braves.

Nicky Low, Bobby Barr and Reis Peggie were all on target.

Lewis Bonnar’s last-minute header salvaged a point for Cumbernauld Colts at Shielfield Park.

Kevin Waugh and Dan Purves had given Berwick Rangers a two-goal advantage before Bonnar netted his first midway through the second half.

Jack Hodge scored a brace as Civil Service Strollers left Peffermill with a 3-1 win over Edinburgh University.