Fraser Riddell’s return to Stow got off to a dream start with a comfortable win at Biggar United.

Riddell won two Waddell Cups during his first spell as manager and goals from Scott Hunter, Jordan Steele and Pawel Marszalek saw him enjoy a successful start to his second stint in charge as Stow ran out 3-0 winners in their Division B clash.

Riddell said: “It is good to be back involved at the club.

“We had a good training session on Thursday and the players carried that positive attitude into the game.

“It was a tough game but we deserved the three points.”

At the top of Division B, there were big wins for title contenders Tweedmouth Harrow, Tweedmouth Amateurs and Duns Amateurs.

Ex-Coldstream, Eyemouth United and Dunbar United striker John Crawford bagged a hat-trick for Harrow as they thumped Ancrum 6-1, while Euan Taylor and Dougie Brydon scored two each in Duns’ 7-1 win at Kelso Thistle.

Tweedmouth Amateurs went one better with an 8-1 victory over Berwick Colts.

Gala Hotspur are fourth in the league as a rare goal from Craig Wood and another by Stewart Robertson saw the Public Park men win 2-0 at Coldstream Amateurs.

A Taylor Hope penalty was enough for Hawick Waverley to edge past Greenlaw in Division A, while Waverley’s title challengers both slipped up.

Newtown were held to a rare 0-0 draw by Langholm Legion, while a more entertaining game saw Langlee and Chirnside draw 4-4. Des Sutherland, Billy Miller, Charlie Green and Liam Wallace scored for Langlee, with Daniel Pattenden claiming two for United.

Meanwhile, Calum Frain’s penalty gave injury-hit Tweeddale Rovers a narrow win over Jed Legion.

Former Gordon player/manager Craig Livingstone shocked Division C leaders Selkirk Victoria by scoring five goals on his debut for Earlston Rhymers in a 6-1 win.

Selkirk were replaced at the top of the league by Melrose after Ash Langford’s double helped them to a hard-fought 4-2 triumph at Hawick Legion.

Martin Gibson also netted five times for Gala Fairydean Rovers in a 10-1 thrashing of St Boswells.

Mark Williamson scored two as Lauder beat CFC Bowholm 4-0, and Kelso Amateurs beat Tweeddale Rovers Colts 3-2.