KELTY Hearts kept their noses in front after Nathan Austin’s early strike earned the points at East Kilbride.

Although the hosts were reduced to 10 men with Craig Reid red-carded before the break, Barry Ferguson’s team couldn’t add to their tally.

Ferguson said: “They were really difficult to break down when they went down to ten, but I thought we controlled the game well enough.

“We’ve had a few difficult away games in a row and we’ve come through them with the wins, so I’m happy where we are.”

Dean Brett’s brace helped Bonnyrigg Rose remain in second as they cruised to a 5-1 win over Stirling University at New Dundas Park.

Scott Gray and Ross Gray also found the net with the fifth coming from an Alex Webb own-goal.

Despite missing a penalty East Stirlingshire earned a 3-1 win over Cumbernauld Colts at the Falkirk Stadium.

Jamie Dishington grabbed a brace with Sean Brown adding a header.

Gala Fairydean Rovers fought back with 10 men to beat Edinburgh University 3-2 at Peffermill.

Goals from Mark Waters and Abdul Yussuf had given the Students the lead after Nial Kelly’s early opener for Gala.

Despite having Levi Kinchant red-carded the visitors finished best with Ross Aitchison and Ryan Mayer both finding the net.

Civil Service Strollers staged a remarkable comeback from two down at half-time against Vale of Leithen to win 4-2.

Strikes from Josh Morris, Andrew Mair, Cammy Muirhead and Jack Hodge sealed the victory.

Civil boss Gary Jardine said: “We could have been further behind at half time.

“I’ve never been angrier at my team during half time, yet now I don’t think I’ve been prouder with the way they fought back.”

Ross McMillan scored twice as BSC Glasgow beat Gretna 4-1 at the Indodrill Stadium.

Thomas Collins and Jamie Hamilton also netted for the home team with Kevin Connelly grabbing Gretna’s consolation.

An injury Raffi Krissian header earned Caledonian Braves a 2-2 share of the points with Berwick Rangers.

And a late Cameron Dawson strike won the game for Spartans against Dalbeattie Star at Islecroft Stadium.

Aaron Murrell also netted for the visitors in the 2-1 victory.

David Knox