PEEBLES Rovers bowed out at the semi-final stage of the Alex Jack Cup as Tynecastle came from behind to secure a 4-2 victory.

David Lindsay had fired Rovers into an early lead with a penalty, after Michael McEwan was bundled over in the box.

Kern Hutchison bagged the equaliser with a sweet strike two minutes later, before Ross Forrest leapt to power home a thunderous header just before half-time.

Tynie soon regained control however, with Hutchison, Dean Crabbe and Lewis Grant scoring in the second-half to send them into this month’s final against Leith Athletic

Tynie boss Steven Vinter said: “I'm delighted with the win, but it was a bit hairy at times!

"We know Leith will be difficult, but we're feeling optimistic - especially since we've won our last eight games."

In the league, Burntisland Shipyard left Riccarton empty-handed after Heriot-Watt came from behind to secure a 3-2 win.

The Watt had raced into a first-half lead courtesy of Adam Woolven, with the striker popping up at the back-post from a Neil Laurenson cross to tuck the ball past Sean Malpas.

Shippy drew level just before half-time after Sam Glancy pounced to stab the ball home.

Ben Breen extended the visitor’s lead on 48 minutes, before goals from Laurenson, along with a late winner from Mark McGovern.

Meanwhile, at Meadowbank, Leith Athletic hit Ormiston for four to climb up to sixth in the table on ten points.

Tweedmouth Rangers’ horror start to the season continued, after Lothian Thistle obliterated them 1-11 at Old Shielfield Park.

Lothian cruised into a dominant lead at half-time, with Tony Muir and Samuel Nhamboro bagging two goals each.

The second-half saw the floodgates well and truly opened, with Louis Swanson hitting a hat-trick.

Liam O’Donnell and Sean Jordan grabbed another four goals, Craig Cowens grabbing a late consolatory effort for the home side.

Eyemouth United were another team to be demolished by a hefty score-line – with Preston Athletic running riot at the Pennypit as their promotion campaign hots up.

Greg Binnie and James Cochrane fired Preston into a comfortable first-half lead, before things swiftly escalated in the second.

Kieran Jack, Johnny Grotton, Greg Binnie and Jack Jardine all notched in the second-half to secure a comfortable win for Paul Riley and Jack Lynch’s team.

As it stands, Preston currently lead the pack on 15 points, three points clear of Kelty, Tynecastle, Heriot-Watt and Lothian Thistle – who are all on 12 points.