GALA Hotspur coach Fred Blackie paid tribute to his side as they lifted the Wright Cup for the second time in three years.

Spurs beat Kelso Thistle 5-2 at Jedburgh’s Elliot Park, with man of the match Sean Pringle scoring two, alongside goals from Stewart Robertson, Scott Nightingale and Duncan Kemp.

Blackie said: “Sean deserved the man of the match award, and the team deserved to lift the cup.

“But Kelso are a good young side who will get their chance in the future.”

Hawick Waverley picked up the Border Cup with a 3-1 win over Hawick United on the Volunteer Park 3G pitch on Friday night.

Charlie Hope, Euan Gray and Dean McColm found the net under the lights for Waverley’s first Border Cup win in a decade.

Greenlaw were dumped out of the Scottish Cup at the third round stage with a 5-2 loss at Edinburgh South Vics.

The Vics raced into a three goal lead at half time, and despite Dougie Brydon and Dale Cockburn scoring for Greenlaw, the Edinburgh side eventually completed a comfortable win.

Louis Blacklock bagged a hat-trick as Newtown hammered Coldstream Amateurs 7-2 to move out of the relegation zone in Division A.

Manager Kenny Donaldson added: “It was a great win and sets us up for next week’s big game against Stow.”

Stow suffered a 7-2 mauling at home to Chirnside United, who now sit top of the league.

Tweedmouth Amateurs are six points clear at the top of Division B after goals from Kyle Wood and Sean Phillips, while Mark Young scored two as Hawick Legion beat Linton Hotspur 6-3.

And Langholm Legion trounced Duns Amateurs 5-0 to go second.

In Division C, Langlee Amateurs gained revenge for their Collie Cup defeat to Gala Fairydean Rovers by winning the derby 3-2 thanks to a Des Sutherland hat-trick.

There was another hat-trick at Billendean as Rhys Bloomfield scored all of Berwick Colts’ goals in a 3-2 victory over Ancrum which keeps them top of the table.

Selkirk Victoria chalked up their second win in a row by winning 4-0 at Hawick Legion Rovers, while Melrose won at Tweeddale Rovers Colts and Highfields United and Kelso Amateurs drew 2-2.