EAST Kilbride edged through to the final of the pyramid play-offs after a tense victory over nine-man Buckie Thistle.

Early goals from Sean Winter and Joao Victoria gave Martin Lauchlin’s side the advantage in the second-leg following a drawn first match in the Highlands.

But the Jags were presented with a lifeline through David Proctor’s own goal before the break.

Thistle then had Drew Copeland sent off for his second yellow card offence, and midway through the second half Chris Angus followed him up the tunnel.

Kilby will now face Cowdenbeath in the two-leg final of the pyramid play-offs for a place in SPFL 2 next season.

A delighted Lauchlin said: “We’ve been aiming for this all season and now we must prepare for the biggest games in our club’s history.

“Today was all about winning and we did it.

“We have showed great character all season but it will have been for nothing if we can’t finish the job.”

The result means Selkirk will remain in the Lowland League.

Selkirk manager Ian Fergus was in the K Park crowd on Saturday.

He told us: "I am obviously delighted although it was tough and go for a while. Despite Buckie being down to nine men they still threatened.

"Our survival means we can go out and attract the players we want to make sure we are never in this position again."

In the Lowland League Cup 10-man Spartans reached the semi-finals after Ross Allum’s goal helped them squeeze past East Stirlingshire at Ainslie Park.

Chris Townsley had been red carded for the home team inside the second minute.

Craig Newalls, Iain Ballantyne, Andrew Mair, John Watson, Stephen Froud and David Churchill were all on target as Civil Service Strollers dumped out Preston Athletic with a 6-2 win.

Jason Young grabbed two late consolations for Preston.

A Gary Redpath winner in the third minute of injury time sent BSC Glasgow in to the semi-finals.

Callum Irvine and Bertie Collins had fired Edinburgh University into a 2-0 half time lead before BSC’s Aiden Ferris and a David Smith own goal levelled the match in the closing stages.

Gretna required extra time to navigate past Stirling University at Falkirk Stadium.

Jamie Hope was the goal hero in the 1-0 win.