EAST Kilbride maintained their seven-point lead with a 6-0 thrashing of struggling Vale of Leithen.

Craig Malcolm and Darren Ramsay both grabbed first half doubles for Billy Stark’s team.

Ross McNeil and Barry Russell added further strikes after the break for the victory.

Stark said: “It’s important that now we are in front to stay in front.

“That was an extremely professional performance from my players and I thought we controlled the game for long periods.

“All we can do is keep winning.”

New Selkirk manager John Coughlin couldn’t prevent BSC Glasgow keeping up their chase with a 1-0 win at the Indodrill Stadium.

Robbie Duncan’s first half header was the difference between the teams.

Coughlin, who has managed at St Mirren and Berwick Rangers, said: “I’ve only had one training session with the players and am still getting to know them but I thought we matched a very good BSC team.

“They have plenty of quality and experience, yet our young players were unfortunate not to get something.”

Blair Atkinson’s last-minute winner against Edusport Academy kept Spartans in the title race.

Liam Coogans had cancelled out Atkinson’s opener with quarter of an hour remaining at Ainslie Park.

But East Stirlingshire were held to a shock draw on Sunday by a rejuvenated Hawick Royal Albert.

David McGauchie had fired Hawick into a lead before Paul Sludden rescued a point for Shire in the closing stages.

Paul Buzzi, Stephen Froud and Andrew Mair all scored as Civil Service Strollers continued to climb away from trouble with a 3-1 win over Edinburgh University.

Ellis Pearson’s double and goals from Kevin Connolly and Jack Hunter gave Gretna a shock 4-0 victory at Falkirk Stadium over Stirling University.

Gala Fairydean Rovers twice came from behind to salvage a draw at Broadwood on Friday evening against Cumbernauld Colts.

Billy Miller cancelled out Scott Davidson’s first half opener before Rhys Craigie came to the rescue late on to level after Craig Murray had edged the Colts back in front.